Labels to Watch: Freeman's Sporting Club

May 21, 2010

Freeman's Sporting Club is by far one of my favorite shops in New York City. Unfortunately I've never been able to purchase anything from them because by the time I get around to visiting, my wallet's been bled dry. That being said, if I could only shop in one store for the rest of my life, F.S.C. could very well be that store.

What I love most about the shop is that they support traditional tailoring done locally. Every garment from the store collection is produced within 15 miles of the brick and mortar shop. They also house a small number of collaborations (right now they're doing a run of Quoddy boat shoes), and source their materials from some of the best mills; Japanese denim mills and the famous Cone Denim Mills in Greensboro, NC. If you're making that paper and can afford to splurge on some quality casual wear, F.S.C. will leave you with a guilt-free conscious, that's a guarantee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment