Mexico, Part 1: Mexico City

Mar 8, 2011

I began my two week trip to Mexico flying into Mexico City with my mom to stay with my uncle just outside the city. While there, we visited Teotihuacan, Chapultepec Castle, the Zócalo, and the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Captions describe the pictures below.

Interior of my uncle's house
TEOTIHUACAN
Pyramid of the Sun
Embedded piece of metal at the top of the Pyramid of the Sun, rubbed for good luck
My mom relaxing halfway to the top of the Pyramid of the Moon
Aztec portrait of a puma
CHAPULTEPEC CASTLE AND THE ZÓCALO
Niños Héroes, Chapultepec Castle
Roman goddesses in stained glass, Chapultepec Castle
There were a bunch of these around the roof but I liked this one in particular
Stone skull décor at the Templo Mayor
Interior upper floor of the House of Tiles
THE BASILICA OF OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE
Interior of the original basilica
Path through the gardens behind the two basilicas
Sculpture of the Archangel Michael
View from the top of the Tepeyac hill
A natural stream flowing into the gardens
Exterior of the Pocito Chapel
Interior of the Pocito Chapel
A stray cat stalking some morning doves

2 comments:

Tina Surman Scully

fabulous...have you considered freelance photography as a career? seriously...your framing & angles are inspired.

Anonymous

AWESOME! <3 Can't wait for MORE!

Post a Comment